Seamlessly integrating with the Mayku Multiplier, the Reducing Plate condenses the forming area of the Multiplier down to A4 or US letter format, opening up access to hundreds of global sheet suppliers that provide straight-cut sheets, enabling the use of both thicker and thinner materials and also reducing waste.
The Reducing Plate fits neatly in the Multipier’s forming area, condensing it down to A4 or US letter format. With sheets of this size, you have an available forming area of 250 x 180 mm and can work with rectangular sheets, making sheets much easier to source from various suppliers.
The Reducing Plate also allows taller tools to be used than with standard-sized multiplier sheets, and can reduce undesired thermoforming effects such as webbing.
Different materials have unique forming temperatures and pressures. Generally, thicker sheets demand higher pressure for effective forming. When combined with Custom Mode, the Reducing Plate enables the Multiplier to work with materials above and beyond 5mm, opening up a wide range of thermoforming materials and creating rock solid parts that don’t sacrifice detail.
- Reduce material waste when forming smaller parts
- Work with thicker materials over 5mm
- Work with thinner materials as low as 100 microns
- Use more readily available materials in A4 or US Letter size
- Decrease webbing on tall parts by reducing the amount of material that would "bunch" around a given part